Cat and Dog Exams and Wellness in Concord, NC
Your pet's health is in good hands.
Making Wellness Care More Affordable with PAW Plans
It’s easier (and more affordable) to manage your pet’s routine healthcare needs with our PAW Plans. Available for puppies, kittens, and adult dogs and cats, these plans cover all the essential services your pet requires to live their healthiest life, and can be paid for with affordable monthly installments.
The plans include:
- Unlimited sick exams
- Two wellness exams
- Parasite prevention
- Diagnostic testing
- Nail trimming
- A 10% member discount on products* and services including spay/neuter surgery, teeth cleanings, and elective and emergency surgeries
*Discount not valid online or with food purchases
Making Cat and Dog Exams Less Stressful with Fear Free Care
Many pet parents forego a trip to the vet because it puts a lot of stress on their dogs and cats. However, missing out on a pet’s annual checkup can result in an underlying health problem going unnoticed. Because our animal hospital provides Fear Free care, you can rest assured that we will do everything we can to help your pet relax and enjoy their visit. We use a variety of approved techniques to meet our patients on their terms and reduce any sources of stress that might exist.
What to Expect During a Typical Pet Exam
A routine cat or dog exam involves several steps which all work together to protect your pet from illness and keep them healthy for as long as possible. These include:
- A thorough physical exam and assessment of the heart, lungs, weight, and body temperature
- Discussing and addressing any health or behavior problems you have observed
- Any vaccine boosters your pet needs
- Blood and fecal testing
- Parasite prevention
- Nutritional recommendations (your pet’s diet will change as they grow)
- All the time you need to ask questions and get the information you need to provide the best care for your pet
We highly recommend writing down any questions and concerns you have about your pet and bringing them to their annual appointment. This way, you won’t forget anything and we’ll have the opportunity to address every issue promptly.