New Client Resources
Our team is very excited to welcome you and your pet to our animal hospital here in Concord, NC. Below are several important resources to help you get started with us and learn about what to expect at your first appointment.
If you have any questions for our team,
please reach out by calling 704-802-1005!
What you can expect when you visit
Mills Creek Animal Hospital is proud to have a team of Fear Free Certified Professionals to provide outstanding care and service to the pets and families of Concord, NC. We’re committed to giving our best every day and helping pet owners nurture and strengthen the bonds they share with their beloved dogs and cats.
When you stop in and see us for your pet’s annual checkup, you can expect a thorough appointment in which we examine your pet from head to toe and give you the time you need to ask questions and receive informative answers.
The typical checkup includes:
- A complete physical examination
- A visual assessment of the eyes, ears, nose, mouth, body, tail, and limbs
- Various recommendations for dental care, nutrition, grooming, etc.
- Recommended vaccinations
- Blood and fecal testing
- Parasite prevention (if your pet is due)
Keep a notebook about your pet’s health
A great way to stay on top of your pet’s health is to maintain a journal with notes about their elimination habits, physical changes, and other notable symptoms or behaviors. Anything new or unusual you observe should be recorded and brought along to your appointment so you can discuss these changes with your veterinarian and pursue treatment for your pet if needed.
Our Online Forms
If you need to fill out one or more forms for your pet’s visit to our hospital, click on the link below.
For accurate, up-to-date information about pet care and pet health, consult the trusted sources listed below.
- American Animal Hospital Association
- American Board of Veterinary Practitioners
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Kennel Club
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges
- Agility Information
- Center for Veterinary Medicine- U.S. Food and Drug Administration