Surgery for Dogs and Cats in Concord, NC
Making pet surgery less stressful.
How We Make Surgery for Dogs and Cats as Safe and Low-Stress as Possible
Safety is our top priority, and with Fear Free Certified Professionals on our team, we also incorporate Fear Free treatment into our protocols to help our patients relax. This includes gentle handling and the use of dog and cat pheromones to create a calming atmosphere.
To ensure the highest level of safety during your pet’s surgery, we implement these practices:
- An experienced veterinary technician monitors your pet’s condition and vitals during all stages of their surgery--from pre-op to post-op.
- We use the safest gas anesthesia and administer it based on your pet’s size and health.
- Our monitoring equipment includes pulse oximetry, EKG, blood pressure, and more.
- We administer IV fluids and medications to your pet during surgery if needed.
- All pets receive multimodal pain control to minimize discomfort after surgery.
- We use warm blankets to keep our patients warm during and after surgery to prevent hypothermia.
Surgeries Our Veterinarian Perform
Our veterinarian can perform a variety of routine and elective surgeries, including:
- Spays and neuters
- Mass and growth removals
- Foreign body removals
- Abdominal surgery
- Wound treatment and repair
- …and more
Advanced Surgery and Orthopedics
For more specialized soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries, we partner with Dr. Ritter, DVM, DACVS of Acacia Mobile Veterinary Surgery. He assists with many advanced cases, such as TPLO surgery for ACL tears. He has been board certified in veterinary surgery since 2007.
If your pet might need a more advanced surgical procedure, contact us at (704) 802-1005 so we can arrange an appointment with Dr. Ritter.